The formed parts of GEAQUELLO® E 234 are used as retrofit modules (placeholders) for cable and pipe penetrations in the sealing system GEAQUELLO® E 950 or CPS. The modules are to be placed in the sealing compound by the user. In case of fire GEAQUELLO® E 234 develops a stable insulating layer with reduced temperature effect and an expansion pressure, which can be used mechanically, for example in order to seal off the flammable pipes according to SOLAS requirements. GEAQUELLO® E 234 modules are insensible to moisture and extensively consistent to typical technical oils, depleted acidity and leaches.
GEAQUELLO® E 234
The retrofit modules GEAQUELLO® E 234 consist of a flame-resistant and a swelling fire protecting material based on polyurethane, that is non-toxic, fibre and solvent free. These modules ensure hassle-free retrofitting of cables and pipes of any type and serve as placeholders in penetrations protected with GEAQUELLO® E 950 or CPS sealing systems.
Field of Application
- Ships & Offshore
- Indoor and outdoor application
- Cable and pipe penetrations
- On request
Product has MED approval according to IMO. Patent application under No.: 10 2018 114 683.3.
Areas of Application
- In the sealing system GEAQUELLO® E 950
- In the sealing system GEAQUELLO® CPS
- Maritime, Offshore
- SOLAS / IMO approval: A 60, water- and gastight
- The design of the retrofit modules provides maximum safety during the process of retrofitting cables and pipes
- Approved within the GEAQUELLO® Certificate
- Cost-efficient, fast and safe retrofit solution
- Colour: Black
- Shore hardbness (DIN 53505): 88 – 92 Shore A
- Expansion pressure (300 °C): 0.6 – 1.2 N/mm2
- Expansion (450 °C): 17 – 26 fold
- Processing temperature: -50°C to +100°C
- Processing: GEAQUELLO® E 234 retrofit modules will be available in 40, 66, 90 mm diameters. Tested media: Cable until 37 mm; flammable pipes until Ø 63 mm; metal pipes until Ø 22 mm. The distance to the other compounds should be of two Layers R 312 / R 380: The annular gap should be of at least 8 mm after the drilling. It will be filled with material cartridges of GEAQUELLO® E 234 T.
- Storage: Store in a cool and dry place.
- Delivery form: 0,3 kg, 0,75 kg, 1,5 kg Box
- Certificates: Product has MED approval according to IMO. Patent application under No.: 10 2018 114 683.3.
GEAQUELLO® E 234 retrofit modules will be graded and available in D1 40-90 mm diameters. Tested media: Cable until D2 37 mm; flammable pipes until Ø D2 63 mm; metal pipes until Ø D2 22 mm. The distance to the other compounds should be of two R 312 / R 380 BAND SIZES: The annular gap should be of at least 8 mm after the drilling. It will be filled with material cartridges of GEAQUELLO® E 234 T.
Installation Video – GEAQUELLO® E 234