GEAQUELLO® has successfully passed various tests on water tightness up to pressure of 2.5 bar and all necessary fire tests for A 60 and offshore. It is approved by all reputable classification societies and national authorities. The test surpass the safety requirements of the SOLAS 1974 regulations for divisional surfaces of the type A-60.
GEAQUELLO® E 950
GEAQUELLO® E 950 is used as a sealing compound as part of our GEAQUELLO® E 950 system, which is used to create safe cable or pipe penetrations in fire resistance class A-60 according to IMO-Resolution A.754(18) for bulk - head and deck penetrations. Sealing length 180 mm.
Field of Application
- Ships & Offshore
- Sealing compound of the penetrations system GEAQUELLO® E 950
- Indoor and outdoor application
Certified at several class societies
The GEAQUELLO® system comprises:
- swell strips GEAQUELLO® R 312 or R 380,
- impregnation fluid FLAMMADUR® E 824
- and sealing compound GEAQUELLO® E 950.
It is fireproof, gastight and watertight and has been approved by most reputable classification societies and national authorities. No adapters, moulded components or subdividers are required for installation, in spite of varying cable diameters. Once the strips have been sprayed correctly with FLAMMADUR® E 824 and have swollen, the resulting end wall is flame-resistant, fire-retardant, self-extinguishing and free of halogen. Its liquid component (GEAQUELLO® E 950) is drinking water which is simply added on site.
- Colour: Pastel pink
- Density (+20°C): 1.28 ± 0.02 g/cm³
- Thermal conductivity: 0.18 W/(m*K) / +67°C
- Specific thermal capacity (kJ / (kg*K)): 0.63 / RT
- pH value (if liquid): 7.0 – 8.0
- Mixing ratio (Water : Powder): Weight: 1 : 2 / Volumetric parts: 1 : 2
- Application time (at +20 °C): approx. 45 minutes pumpable
- Processing temperature: ≥ 3°C
- Max. temperature during chemical setting reaction: approx. +35°C
- Chemical hardening: approx. 72 hours
- Setting expansion: ≥ 0.5 %
- Relative density of the hardened compound: ca. 1.1 kg/dm³
- Shore-A-hardness: > 80
- Watertightness: 2.5 bar according IMO definition
- Gastightness: 30 mbar according IMO definition
- Processing (min. +5°C / < 85 % relative humidity): Mix the GEAQUELLO® E 950 powder into clean water. The sealing compound must be free of lumps and bubbles. Let the mixed sealing compound rest for approx. 5 minutes. Mix again shortly before filling the opening, without bubbles. Filling e. g. with the help of a pump or funnel.
- Storage / transport: Store in a cool and dry place. Shelf life of at least 36 months in sealed original packaging.
- Delivery form: 3 kg, 15 kg PE bucket
- Safety instructions: Reacts neutrally and physiologically safe. Not subject to hazard identification requirements. Additional instructions can be found in the safety data sheet.
- Certificates: Certified at several class societies