ENEX A is designed for use in different application scenarios. It can be used, for example, as a large-surface coating material or in the form of cut-to-size strips. Combination with insulation materials or intumescent materials is recommended so as to obtain extremely thin protection layers.
Fire protection material
ENEX is a flexible rolled material that can be used for fire protection. Similar to gypsum fiber boards the material absorbs enormous amounts of energy, when exposed to heat beyond it´s activation temperature. The effect is based on the evaporation of hydrated minerals. ENEX is comprised of metal-anhydrates and absorbs up to 3x more energy than gypsum boards. Effective textile fire barriers (EI-qualification) – thinner and more flexible than conventional insulation - are achieved by combining glass fiber insulation or intumescent materials with layers of ENEX .
Field of Application
- Colour: white
- Self-adhesive – easy and quick application
- Available in 3 thicknesses: 1mm, 2mm and 3 mm
- The substrate must be free of contamination.
- The adhesive foil serves as an installation aid.
- For large-surface applications, the material must be mechanically fixed or clamped.
- Can be trimmed to size using ordinary cutting tools such as scissors or cutter knives.